Saturday, January 2, 2010

One full year down... 89 days to go!

Yea, the count down is on!! That's right, Kerry and I are moving HOME!! :) We are so excited. March 31st is going to be my last day at work and then we should be on the road again, headed for beautiful Utah. Living in Arkansas has been quite the experience. The culture here is very different from home and being away from family and friends has been harder than we could have imaged.

Don't get me wrong... we DO NOT regret moving out here! We have grown so much... not only as people, but as a couple. When we leave, the first 9 1/2 months of marriage will have been here in Arkansas. What a better way to build our relationship and love than to have only each other to depend on. Also, we have learned so much about ourselves and the things that are important to us. We know now that we never fully appreciated the things we had back home, until we were gone. You never realize how much you enjoy playing cards with the grandparents on Friday nights, going to nephews' birthday parties, having dinner at your favorite restaurants with your favorite people or just having "So You Think You Can Dance" nights with Whit and Cherelle... until you can't do that anymore. Oh man, we can't wait to do all of those things again!!

Ok, enough about how excited we are to come home. Now I think it is time to talk about the GREAT things that happened in 2009.

Of course, my FAVORITE event of the year was Kerry and I's wedding day, June 6th 2009! It turned out absolutely perfect! There is nothing better than getting all of your friends and family together, having the man who you look up to and admire walk you down the aisle and marrying the man of your dreams. Kerry is the most amazing man I have ever met. He is by my side through the easy and the hard times and there is no one in the world that is more supportive than he is. Not only did I get an awesome man, but I also got his amazing family! Oh yeah, the honeymoon in Puerto Rico wasn't bad either. ;) I love you husband!

Next, it is funny that being away from my sister has actually made us closer, but it is so true. Shae is one of my most favorite people in the whole world. She is an amazing person and an even better mother. I love her so much and this past year we have really grown close. Even though it has been a tough year, she puts a smile on her face and finds a way to make the impossible happen. She is my inspiration and my best friend.

When Kerry and I moved out here, our "baby" Jaxon was pretty lonely. He missed his friends Jazzy, Winston and Abby a ton! So... we got him a puppy! Our little Corona Bear is the cutest, sweetest, most loving puppy ever! We are so lucky to have gotten such a sweet little girl! Even though they are dogs, they are our family and we love them very much.

Our trip home for Thanksgiving was AWESOME! We really, really needed a dose of fun with the people we love!! Sure, the drive was loooooooooong... but at least I got to experience it with my Kerbear and our puppies in our sweet new truck! Also a bonus... Cherelle's baby shower was so fun! I can't wait to meet the newest addition to our family shortly after he arrives!

And finally, to start the year off, I got an awesome job that I really enjoy. This past year I feel like I have learned a lot about the professional world and I am no longer a just-out-of-college job seeker. Yes, I may soon be a job seeker, but hopefully the last year's experience will help in the process.

2009 was a great year and there are too many things to mention in this already long blog! Let me end by saying that we are blessed to have the family and friends that we have. You guys are a great support network and we can't wait to be home and create more memories with you! Here is to looking back on a great 2009 and looking forward to an even better 2010!

Lots of love,
Kerry and Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment